Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Talent Show
Last week our church had it's annual summer talent show. Mary Blake decided to write a poem about Griffin's birth to read!! Thought I would share it. . .
The Day of Griffin’s Birth
By Mary Blake
I got up early
I was SO CURLY!
What a big day.
He’s on his way.
We had to pray …
and then he came
ON A FRIDAY!
Daddy brought him down the hall.
…then we went to the nursery
And pressed our faces
on a glass wall.
We got some ice cream ON A STICK!
…we had to lick, LICK, LICK!
We came to the room where Mama was…
We got to hold Griffin. His hair was brown FUZZ!
I held him THREE times and kissed his face.
I’m glad GOD gave him to us in THIS VERY PLACE!
THE END…or really…Griffin’s BEGINNING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is the sweetest thing ever!!!! Thanks for sharing!! Griffin is precious!
ReplyDelete