Wednesday, January 28, 2009
It's a boy!
Well, I have waited a long time to put a post like this one! We found out last week that we are having a boy!! For those of you who don't know, we have been hoping and praying for another child for a long time. . . 4 years to be exact. About 2 1/2 years ago, we were told by a specialist that we had a less than 10% chance of having another baby. Brad and I both felt that we wanted more children and felt this was God leading us to adopt. We started that long process in April of 2005, and we were officially approved in Jan 2006. As we started on that journey, we had a lot of prayers holding us up. I am NOT a patient person - so this really taught me a lot. I learned that we might not always get what we want - BUT God will sustain you and give you joy in different ways than you ever imagined! Well, this October I had one of those tough weeks of being tired of waiting - had a little pity party, (one of many) and moved on. That very week I realized that was really late! After 3 days of worry we finally confirmed by sonogram that we were indeed having a baby and everything was exactly where it was supposed to be! WOW is all I can say. I am still pinching myself everyday. My growing belly is a confirmation that this is really happening. Thank you to all my dear friends and family whose shoulders I have cried on and whose prayers have lifted me!!!!
I hope to have plenty more posts in the months to come of Griffin Barrett Brashier - coming in June!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations Sarah and Brad! Boys are so fun!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely cannot wait to meet this amazing blessing! we already love Griffin Barret!!
ReplyDeleteFrank, Ginger, Allie and Mary Elliott!!
YAY! Sarah! What a precious name.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! God is so good and does have a perfect plan!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you. I hope you are feeling good. I'll be praying for you. Jamie
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Sarah! I am so excited for you and your family. God is good!
ReplyDelete