Friday, June 27, 2008

Thank goodness for Amy!

This morning we headed to town to run errands. I got started off on the wrong foot when we couldn't even make it to the van without whining and falling apart. Then Mary Blake said just what every mama wants to hear - "no mama, Diego is always right!" Great. As we proceeded on with our errands, things started getting better. The kids were actually obeying, I was getting things done, checking off my list THEN my van wouldn't start! I called Amy, who gave me Nissan's shop number. I said a silent prayer that he would come and quickly diagnosis my van as being a goner and tell me we must get a new one. . . no such luck. He did, however, kindly jump start me for free! About that time Amy drove up, gave us a ride to Midas and then dropped us off at the mall. Things were looking up. How bad could it be to be stranded at the mall for an hour or so?? You have everything you need: potty trained kids, food, clothes, and a bathroom! We ordered lunch and then I proceeded to drop most everything off my tray (such a clutz). I think the old bitties that clean the tables in the food court actually fought over who was going to clean up the mess . . must have been a slow day for them. Well, an hour and half later, armed with a new dress, and two remarkably happy kids, we rhymed our way on an "adventure" across the mall parking lot to Midas. I figured if we sang and rhymed the whole way there, it wouldn't give them a chance to complain about tired feet and the noon sun! I was saying a prayer all the while thanking God for sending Amy at the right time and giving me and the kids a good attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment