Friday, June 20, 2008
Ode to Amanda
Last night Rusty and Ann Benson had a cookout for the McRaes. Saying goodbye is one of those things that I am not very good at. I never have felt my emotions at the right time - for those of you who know me well you are probably nodding in agreement. All it takes is someone randomly saying, "how are things?" and whoa buddy you better watch out - the tears may come. All of this to say, I know that I have purposely tried to not think about or express the sadness of one of my dearest friends moving away. Honestly, they were our very first friends here in Tupelo. I could knock on my downstairs bathroom (in a townhouse) and they could hear me! I remember borrowing Amanda's mop (no I didn't own one) and being amazed at the amount of cleaning supplies that girl had. Then I remember finding out how much younger she was than me - whoa - she was SO grown-up. She still is more of a grown-up than me. ANYWAY - our friendship was easy from the get-go. She and Sara Glenn were my mall and mcdonald's buddies to help my pregnancy with Collins go by faster. Then I (hopefully) got to do the same for her with Janey Beth and Emmy Lou. And how could I forget my numerous surgeries and Amanda sitting by my side so that Brad could take a break. She has definatley seen it all!!!! As we know, life continues, and with it comes happiness, joy, trials, and sadness. Amanda has been such a constant through all of that and more. So, this is my attempt to let all of you know what a special friend Amanda McRae is - it makes me all the more thankful for my other friendships here in Tupelo - we should cherish each other and hold on tight! Thankfully, Amanda is always a phone call away and a hop down the Trace! So thankful God choose to give us the gift of friendships!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment